Friday, May 11, 2012

Kale and Avocado Salad

We have been eating salad for almost 2 weeks . Walnuts, avocado mixed with Kale gives a unique flavor. So I thought it is a high time to share this recipe with everyone. I was very hesitant  the first time I was presented with a raw Kale. But raw kale is surprisingly un-bitter. I bought the packet from Costco and its so yummy . Now it is part of our daily diet.


2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
1 bunch kale (about 3⁄4 lb.), stemmed and finely washed and chopped
Salad dressing of your choice (I like Italian)
1/2 finely chopped red Onion
finally chopped Tomatoes
Walnuts
Apricots /Almonds if you like(I tried it but my husband did not like)






Cut  avocado into  cubes . Put cubed avocados and all other ingredients into a serving bowl. Toss kale mixture with dressing and season generously with salt and pepper if required.





No comments:

Post a Comment